Here are some important things to remember as you launch your Lifegroup at the beginning of the term. These tips will help you as you seek to lead your group to connect relationally and take the next step in their spiritual journey.
Things to do before your first meeting:
- Get your group in the Lifegroup catalog.
- Decide on location and furnish directions to the meeting.
- Have a predetermined ice breaker question prepared to get people talking.
- Make arrangements for hospitality & mixing time (light snacks)
Things to remember as you plan for the Lifegroup term:
- Current term dates
- Group calendar
- Meeting day and time, home rotation
- Wildlife rotation
- Lifegroup connection event
- Birthdays & anniversaries
- Prayer/Worship Event
- Serving Event
- Group Fun Night
- Group contact list (email, phone, address)
- Delegation – point person over each of the 5 core values
- Each group connects with a missionary
- Group Study Topic
- Encourage group members to develop the core value of Personal Ministry in their lives by serving in the following areas: Personal Life, Total Church Life, & Group Life.
Components of a meeting (vary weekly):
- Fellowship Time
- Facilitation – (what is God teaching us in our study & daily times with him)
- Prayer Time &Prayer Maps
- WildLife Report Time