Imago Dei exists to be a biblical community for those that are affected by special needs and disabilities.
Genesis 1:26-27 says that “God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them.” The phrase Imago Dei means exactly that… image of God. God created each one of us in His image and Lifepoint Church desires to encourage people with disabilities and special needs, and their families to draw life from God and point others to Him.
It is our desire that every child (birth-5th grade) comes to know the love of Jesus in ways that fit how God created them. We offer support for your child on Sunday mornings by:
- Assigning an adult buddy that can come alongside them to help them engage in the activities each Sunday morning in their age-appropriate environment.
- Engaging in adaptive curriculum in a sensory friendly environment, as needed.
For families with 6th-12th graders, we will develop a plan that allows for every student to engage in a biblical community by:
- Making their small group leader aware of particular needs that will help them engage in regular groups when Students meet.
- Assigning an adult buddy that can help them engage with their small group in their age-appropriate settings.
- Coming together with other students and adults with disabilities for a lifegroup that meets on Sunday mornings during regular services.