Reminder — it’s the last Tuesday of the month. We invite you to join us in fasting as we pray (if not today, any day this week).
4 Therefore, having this ministry by the mercy of God, we do not lose heart. 2 But we have renounced disgraceful, underhanded ways. We refuse to practice cunning or to tamper with God’s word, but by the open statement of the truth we would commend ourselves to everyone’s conscience in the sight of God. 3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. 4 In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 5 For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake. 6 For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
7 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us. 8 We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; 9 persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; 10 always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our bodies. 11 For we who live are always being given over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh. 12 So death is at work in us, but life in you.
13 Since we have the same spirit of faith according to what has been written, “I believed, and so I spoke,” we also believe, and so we also speak, 14 knowing that he who raised the Lord Jesus will raise us also with Jesus and bring us with you into his presence. 15 For it is all for your sake, so that as grace extends to more and more people it may increase thanksgiving, to the glory of God. 16 So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. 17 For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, 18 as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
While there is still a team in Peru who are in great need of intentional prayer on their behalf, most of our recent teams have returned back home safely. As talks of transformational moments and deepened understandings of God’s purpose in our lives and in the world commence – let us not forget to hold those up in prayer that are still working tirelessly, for the sake of the gospel, in the cities that we have left! This week, let us lift our prayers and petitions on behalf of our partners around the world. Let us both rejoice in the Lord with them and stand with them through their sufferings.
PRAYER FOCUS #1 – CARIBBEAN
- LifePoint has partnered with IsleGo Missions for several years in their work throughout the Caribbean. Pray that God would sustain D & C as they lead IsleGo Missions. They steadfastly walk along so many and are great mobilizers for the Kingdom.
- Pray that the Lord would continue to lead them in wisdom. “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him” (James 1:5)
- Pray for Pastor M & the church he leads – a church that truly understands the depth of what it means to pick up their cross daily and follow Jesus. (Luke 9:23)
- Pray that they would continue to “…run the race set before them, with endurance, looking after Jesus…”. (Hebrews 12:1–2)
- Praise the Lord for how He has sustained them and through their obedience, multiplied His church!
- The IsleGo staff in Jamaica.
- Pray that God would touch them deeply with the truth of His grace and their need for Him. (Ephesians 2:8–9)
PRAYER FOCUS #2 – CHILE
- Pray for the W family (all 8 of them)! Pray for Bryan & Deana as they long to fulfill their roles, as both missionaries and parents, to the glory of God.
- Pray for La Fuente de Vida (partner church). They are a young church (about to celebrate one year). God has given the leaders great vision to multiply into areas that are unreached with the good news of Jesus Christ.
- Pray for Pastor Nilo and their leadership as they continue to refine their strategies and structure – that they would build their church upon the rock of Christ and nothing less.
- Pray that they would increase in both number & maturity. “Him we proclaim, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all wisdom, that we may present everyone mature in Christ.” (Colossians 1:28)
- Pray for the village of Hurtado and Jimena, a resident & church planter in the village. Pray that God would push back the darkness and the very young church would be a bright light that draws people to Himself. “…a city set on a hill cannot be hidden.” (Matthew 5:14–16)
- Pray that those living in Hurtado would turn away from idols and false gods and turn to the one true God in repentance.
PRAYER FOCUS #3 – TORONTO
- Pray for Sanctuary Mississauga and the work that they are doing in their incredibly diverse neighborhoods. “Say among the nations, “The Lord reigns! Yes, the world is established; it shall never be moved; he will judge the peoples with equity.” (Psalm 96:10)
- Praise the Lord for bringing several children to a saving knowledge of Jesus this past week. (Matthew 19:14)
PRAYER FOCUS #4 – UGANDA
- Pray for the Fulks family as they fulfill a new role at a school in Kenya this Fall. Pray for John as he balances that with his role as Dean of Academics at Global Theological Seminary (in Uganda) and his role as father.
- Pray for the faculty of GTS as they train and disciple their students in the truth of the scriptures. “and what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.” (2 Timothy 2:2)
- Pray for the students of GTS who sacrifice much for their studies. Pray that God would bring provision to their families.
- Pray for Cyprian and his church LifePoint, Njeru
- Pray for Egessa and his church Vision Baptist
PRAYER FOCUS #5 – PERU
- Pray for the small church in Cotaporaco – that they would be strengthened in truth and be a light to those around them.
- Pray that local believers would fulfill their role in completing the great commission and be witness for Jesus in their “…Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” (Acts 1:8)
- Pray that many lost will hear the gospel and respond in repentance and faith. “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.” (Mark 1:15)