Tomorrow, a team of 5 will be headed to visit our friends and partners in Jinja, Uganda.
While there, we will be attending the graduation ceremony of Global Theological Seminary (GTS), which is an honor for our team. When you visit GTS, one of the first things you will see in their chapel is 2 Timothy 2:2 painted on the wall.
2 and what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men[ who will be able to teach others also.
Let that verse be the meditation of our hearts as we lift the team and our partners up to the Father this week!
Prayer Focus #1: Global Theological Seminary
- Pray for the faculty & staff of GTS who sacrifice much to train up faithful men who will be able to teach others also (2 Timothy 2:2)
- Pray for the student body at GTS. At the beginning of this year, there were a reported 44 students on campus. Over their last break, 3 new churches were launched and 455 people gave their lives to follow Jesus as the students ministered and shared the good news in their home villages / towns.
- Students that come to GTS are not only from Uganda, but travel from surrounding countries as well to learn the Word of God. Pray that the men walk in manner that is worthy of their calling as they take the gospel into their home countries and beyond.
- 3 I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, 4 always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy, 5 because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now. 6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. (Philippians 1:3-6)
- Pray for John Fulks and his family as he serves as both the Academic Dean at GTS and Principle of Rift Valley Academy High School in Kenya. Pray that God continues to give them endurance to run the race that is set before them, looking after Jesus, the author and finisher of their faith (Hebrews 12:1-2).
Prayer Focus #2: Pastor Cyprian & Pastor Egessa
- Our teams have known both Cyprian & Egessa since they were early in their studies at GTS. We have the great privilege and joy of now joining them on their graduation day! Please pray for each of them and their churches (Cyprian – Lifepoint Church / Egessa – Vision Baptist).
- Pray that they would serve the Lord will all humility (Acts 20:19).
- Pray that they would not shrink from declaring the whole counsel of God (Acts 20:27).
- Pray that they would pay careful attention to themselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has make them overseers (Acts 20:28).
- Pray that they would be alert and that the Lord would guard them from “fierce wolves among them” (Acts 20:29-30).
- Pray that they would be built up by the Lord and the word of his grace and they would not grow weary in working hard and doing good (Acts 20:35, Galatians 6:9).
Prayer Focus #3: Our Team
- Pray that God would grant wisdom to discern what needs to happen in terms of ministry when they get there. Ask God to prepare the way for those going to be fruitful and build strong relationships.
- For the physical health of our team members (sickness and safety).
- Ask God to give each team member at least one person to make a strong connection with, and that the team would be an encouragement to all they meet.
- Ask the Lord to go before the team to fight the spiritual battle (Ephesians 6:10-13) and to thwart any spiritual resistance that they might experience from the kingdom of darkness. Ask him to bind up the work of the enemy and release the power of his Holy Spirit on the team.
- Pray for boldness for the team, not to proclaim themselves, but “Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake” (2 Corinthians 4:5).