This week, LifePoint’s worship team has released a new song, “To Live is Christ” as we finish our Wide Open World series (you can download the song for free HERE). This week, we’ll spend some time meditating and praying through some of the Scriptures that inspired that song as we pray for God to continue to move in our hearts, sending us out in obedience, empowered by His Holy Spirit.
Yes, and I will rejoice, 19 for I know that through your prayers and the help of the Spirit of Jesus Christ this will turn out for my deliverance, 20 as it is my eager expectation and hope that I will not be at all ashamed, but that with full courage now as always Christ will be honored in my body, whether by life or by death. 21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. 22 If I am to live in the flesh, that means fruitful labor for me. Yet which I shall choose I cannot tell. 23 I am hard pressed between the two. My desire is to depart and be with Christ, for that is far better. 24 But to remain in the flesh is more necessary on your account. 25 Convinced of this, I know that I will remain and continue with you all, for your progress and joy in the faith, – Philippians 1:18b-25
Prayer Focus #1: Worthy Is Your Name
- Pray that the worthiness of the Lord is the driving passion that moves us toward mission.
- 12 And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men[a] by which we must be saved.” – Acts 4:12
12 saying with a loud voice,“Worthy is the Lamb who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing!” – Revelation 5:12
Prayer Focus #2: Sending Out
- Pray that God continues to stir in the hearts those who will GO.
- Pray for the leadership of LifePoint as they train and equip those who will GO.
- Pray that God begins a SENDING movement out of LifePoint.
- 20 When he had said this, he showed them his hands and his side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord. 21 Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I am sending you.” – John 20:20-21
- 14 How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? 15 And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!” – Romans 10:14-15
Prayer Focus #3: To Die is Gain
- Pray that would become a church that truly believes that to die is gain. Pray that God would make the things of this world nothing but rubbish in our eyes, compared to the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus as our Lord.
- 7 But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ.8 Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith— 10 that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11 that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead. – Philippians 3:7-11
Prayer Focus #4: Next Steps
- Pray for those that came forward this past Sunday and put their “yes” on the table before the Lord. Pray that God seals that decision and that the things of this earth don’t choke out the Holy Spirit’s work in their life. Pray for them as they take the next steps toward whatever God is calling them to.