This past Friday evening, 45 people from Lifepoint gathered together for an intense night of Bible study and prayer at Secret Church. This year’s Secret Church prayer focus was centered around the church in India. Throughout the evening, tens of thousands of Christ followers from around the world joined together to fervently pray for believers who are laboring endlessly for the spread of the Gospel as well as the billion people who’ve yet to hear it. This week, we ask you to join those who have begun praying for this region of the world.
Declare his glory among the nations and his awesome deeds among all the peoples! -Psalm 96:3
By 2050, it is projected that India will be home to the largest population of Muslims in the world.
- Pray for Indian Muslims to hear about Jesus Christ who died for them.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit does a work in their hearts – that they may know the light of knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
6 For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. – 2 Corinthians 4:6
The Hindu religion has more than 350 million gods and a staggering 1,115 unreached People groups.
- Pray for Hindus in India to hear the Gospel.
- Pray that they will turn away from the millions of Hindu gods they worship and confess faith in the one true God.
- Pray that those who come to the larger cities in India in search of a better life would find eternal life through Jesus Christ.
13 When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. – John 16:13
Over 240 million people in India live in less than $1.25 a day.
- Pray for the poor and marginalized in India.
- Pray that they would be cared for and would hear of the God who loves them.
16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst anymore;
the sun shall not strike them, nor any scorching heat.
17 For the Lamb in the midst of the throne will be their shepherd, and he will guide them to springs of living water, and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.” -Revelation 7:16-17
Pray for the Church and those who have decided to follow Jesus Christ in India, many of whom are severely persecuted.
- Pray for the Gospel to spread into areas where there is no church presence.
- Pray that national believers would come together to plant churches and make disciples among the unreached peoples of India.
- Pray for Christians to come together and work diligently to spread the gospel even in the midst of persecution.
- Pray that new believers will find Christian community and support as soon as they choose to follow Christ.
- Pray that they grow spiritually and begin to make disciples.
- Pray for church leaders to stand strong and for the church to grow.
9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” – Joshua 1:9
Pray that God would send laborers to India. Pray that He would send laborers to India from Lifepoint.
Pray that we would reach out to our Indian neighbors, that we would befriend them and love those that are among us well.
More resources can be found at www.prayingforindia.org