Ascribe to the Lord, O families of the peoples,
ascribe to the Lord glory and strength!
Ascribe to the Lord the glory due his name;
bring an offering, and come into his courts!
Worship the Lord in the splendor of holiness;
tremble before him, all the earth!
– Psalm 96:7-9
In the next 8 weeks, Lifepoint will send 75 short-term missionaries to 5 different countries. We are so incredibly grateful that the Lord is allowing us to partner with Him in such incredible ways. We are also incredibly dependent on the Holy Spirit for wisdom, discernment & guidance throughout this season!
Therefore, we urge you to pray!
Over the course of the next 2 months, these TenTwo prayer blogs will look a little different as they will be devoted to specific prayer requests AND updates from the field. So, please set an alarm as a reminder to come to the TenTwo page at least once a week to read the updates and pray.
Toronto Mid Term Team Update: The 3 summer missionaries from Lifepoint, along with 2 from Mississippi will be hosting a game night TONIGHT (Tuesday, June 14) at their residence hall in an effort to get to know others that live in the building and begin to build relationships. Pray that there is not only a good turn out, but also that people would be open to follow up conversations, and ultimately, open to hearing the gospel.
Upcoming Teams (next 4 weeks):
- In 2 weeks, there will be a team of 5 headed to the Andes Mountains of Peru.
- Pray that God would prepare them physically, emotionally and spiritually for the upcoming trip.
- Pray for the hearts of those the team will minster to. Pray that God would remove the blinders that keep them from seeing the light of the glory of the gospel of Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 4:3-4)
Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and encourage with every form of patient instruction. – 2 Timothy 4:2
- In 3 weeks, there will be a team of 7 headed to the Caribbean. Pray that they would seek the Lord with all of their hearts as they ready themselves for the ministry that lies ahead.
“If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.” Colossians 3:1-2
- In 4 weeks, there will be a team of 4 headed to Chile. Pray that God would use that team in a mighty way to encourage the church in La Serena to run the race that is set before them with endurance (Hebrews 12:2)
Ask the Lord to go before all of these teams and cut off any schemes of the enemy meant to disrupt the ministry of the Gospel.
Ask God to call some that will go short term this summer to a longer-term missionary assignment. Pray that God would send!