37 Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40 And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.‘ – Matthew 25:37-40
Currently there are 21 people serving and loving in an area of Jamaica often referred to as “the compound”. Over the past 2 years, we’ve sense God’s activity in this area in incredible ways. There is an openness and receptivity to God’s word and the Gospel that both challenges and excites as we return this year. We praise God for how we see Him moving, however, the work is still hard, and so many hearts are hurting. We know that only the God of all grace and hope can heal the hurts and satisfy the void that lives within us all. Let us lift up the team, and the beautiful Jamaican people they are serving this week!
- Pray that the team would be bold in sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ as the ultimate source of hope.
- Pray that as the team loves and serves through meeting physical needs, it serves to expose the greater spiritual need in people’s lives and that they would respond to it.
- Pray for a daily Bible study that the team is offering each day on the work sites. This is challenging for many – pray that the Lord would calm their anxiety and give them the words to speak through His Holy Spirit.
- Pray that the team builds strong relationships this year that go well beyond this one week.
- Pray for Pinky and Stacie Ann – the two women that will be receiving the keys to their homes this week.
- Pray for Gregory, Bobby, Domain, Red, Million & Uncle, our friends and Islego staff in Jamaica.
- Pray for Dusty and Corinne, the leaders of IsleGo missions, our co-laborers in Christ.
- Pray for physical safety (from injury and sickness). Jamaica is incredibly hot this time of year and heat exhaustion is a real risk.
- Pray for the team of 17 that is preparing to leave for Jamaica this coming Saturday (yes – we are there for 2 weeks this year).