20 Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen. (Ephesians 3: 14-21)
Last week, team #1 was able to do great things in Jamaica. They shared the gospel, loved on people and helped build a house. Team #2, consisting of 17 people, mainly families, arrived last Saturday to continue working. We praise God for how we see Him moving, however, the work is still hard, and so many hearts are hurting. We know that only the God of all grace and hope can heal the hurts and satisfy the void that lives within us all. Let us lift up team No.2, and the beautiful Jamaican people they are serving this week!
- Pray that team #2 would be bold in sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ as the ultimate source of hope.
- Keep praying that as the team loves and serves through meeting physical needs, it serves to expose the greater spiritual need in people’s lives and that they would respond to it.
- Keep praying for the Bible studies that the team is offering each day on the work sites. This is challenging for many – pray that the Lord would calm their anxiety and give them the words to speak through His Holy Spirit. (2 Timothy 1:7)
- Team #2 is mostly comprised of Lifepoint families working together. Pray for the kids of the team, that the Holy Spirit would use them boldly as they love on and make friendships with Jamaican Kids.
- As weariness starts to arise, ask the Lord to renew the team’s strength to finish out strong. Ask the Lord to do away with any hindrance that comes in the team’s way.
- Pray that the team builds strong relationships this year that go well beyond this one week.
- Pray that the homes that are built are representative of the light of Jesus Christ. Pray that those may see the good deeds done this week and praise not men, but our Father in Heaven. (Matthew 5:13–16)
- Pray that the Jamaican believers the team comes in contact with, will be encouraged and strengthened to keep persevering in the Lord and be of light to others. (Col 2:9-12)
- Keep praying for Dusty and Corinne, the leaders of IsleGo missions, our co-laborers in Christ. (Ephesians 4:1–7)
- Keep praying for physical safety (from injury and sickness). Jamaica is incredibly hot this time of year and heat exhaustion is a real risk.
- God continues to open doors with the men of Jamaica, Praise God for the many spiritual conversations that were held last week.
- Praise God for Team #1’s work and for their late, but safe arrival to Columbus.