A team of 5 is headed into the Andes mountains this morning. Below is a list of specific prayer requests. Please remember to lift the ministry up to the Father throughout their time there.
Travel to the Mountains (June 21st)
- Pray that the Lord would go before them as they navigate the 6 hour drive through the mountains. Pray that there would be no vehicle problems. Pray for the safety of all on the team and others on the road.
- Pray that the Lord would use the long drive time for His glory. Pray for divine appointments with individuals as they travel and for sensitivity to the Holy Spirit as they interact with locals along the way.
- Pray for a great time of team discussion & planning. Pray that the Lord unites the team vision & purpose.
Inter-Village Church Meeting (June 22nd)
- Pray (Wednesday) for an inter-village church meeting that will be taking place. Followers of Christ from Cotaparaco, Tapacoacha, Alpacoacha, and LLacllín will all gather together for a time of encouragement and edification.
- Pray that long term relationships are formed out of this time and that mutual encouragement would continue to take place long after this week.
- Pray that the Lord would unite the believers in this region in vision and purpose. Pray that there would be no seed of competition, jealousy, or selfish ambition permitted to take root. Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)
- Pray for wisdom for the team as they facilitate this meeting.
Village Ministry (June 23-29)
- Pray for the villages that do have a gospel presence (albeit, very young believers). Pray that God would grow and mature some so that they may be able to “take solid food” and would then be able to teach others in Spirit and in truth. For everyone who partakes only of milk is not accustomed to the word of righteousness, for he is an infant. But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil. (Hebrews 5:13-14)
- Pray specifically that the Lord would give the team a greater understanding of how to bridge the gospel to a people who have long lived with an animistic worldview. Pray that God would show His great power as the Most High God, leaving no room for allegiance to idols or spirits. For great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; he is to be feared above all gods. For all the gods of the nations are idols, but the Lord made the heavens. (Psalm 96:4-5)
- Pray for the villages where there is little to no gospel presence. Pray that as the team prayer walks and seeks opportunity to share good news that God would bring about the three W’s. Welcome (that they would be receptive and open to the truth of the Gospel), Warfare (that God would destroy strongholds and arguments raised against the knowledge of Himself), and Worship (that the people would come to know and worship the One True God).
TORONTO MID TERM TEAM UPDATE:
The team has had a great and busy week of ministry around the city. Many have heard truth through Bible storying and a face painting / henna ministry that is taking shape. Pray for continued boldness and discernment for the team as they serve and above all, pray that God’s love would be felt and understood among the people! Pray that Jesus be lifted high.