As the Chile team prepares to depart on Wednesday, let us be unwavering in prayer on their behalf! This trip will be special, as the team will spend two days in Hurtado, a small village town in the foothills of the Andes, about a four-hour drive from La Serena, where they will equip a small group of believers to equip others.
“Finally, brothers, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may speed ahead and be honored, as happened among you,” 2 Thessalonians 3:1
- Pray that the hearts of the team members will be prepared to fully give themselves to the people of Chile & Hurtado.
- Staying behind when a family member goes on a trip is not an easy task! Ask the Lord to be with their families as they head to Chile. Pray that they have peace and all their needs are met while they are away.
- Ask for a hand of protection over their travels. Pray for smooth flights down to Chile and a good car ride up to Hurtado.
“8 Other seeds fell on good soil and produced grain, some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty. 9 He who has ears, let him hear.” Matthew 13:8-9
- Pray for the hearts of the people the team will come in contact with in La Serena. Ask the Lord to soften their hearts so that the seed of the Gospel will take root in their lives.
- The team will be working with Iglesia Bautista Fuente de Vida (Source of Life Baptist Church) in La Serena. Pray that they be a light in the community and ask that the Lord shield them from any schemes from the enemy.
“so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth;
it shall not return to me empty,
but it shall accomplish that which I purpose,
and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.”
- As the team heads to Hurtado for a few days, ask that God gives them discernment in every moment they are there. Pray for hearts that are sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit and for boldness as they share the Word of God with those in the village.
- Pray that as the discipleship workshop unfolds, the attendees truly understand the need to equip others for the advancement of the Kingdom. Ask God to do away with anything in their hearts that is not pleasing to Him and for discernment to distinguish between what is Biblical and isn’t.
- Pray for Jimena and her continued ministry in Hurtado. She faithfully continues to host house-church and will be helping the team enable the equipping workshops. Ask God to keep supplying her needs and pray that she finds encouragement in the team as she sows seeds for the Kingdom.
- Hosting a team is tiring and time consuming. Pray for the Wolf family as they get ready for our team to arrive. Ask the Lord to provide them with good quality time as a family and for time to rest and prepare for the upcoming week.