JAMAICA PRAISE REPORT
- 2 homes were built this past week. “Little blue houses are somewhat like tiny houses but not nearly as luxurious. They are 10 x 14, 2 doors, 3-4 windows (windows and doors latch for security), a tin roof, wood walls and floor, made with a lot of love. It provides security, safety from the elements, dignity and significance to families who have not had either for some time. Mostly they bring HOPE to people we love very much!” – Dusty Cooper, Founder of IsleGo Missions
- God continues to open doors with the men of Jamaica. For the first time ever, our team held Bible studies on the worksites. The team reports that there were many spiritual / gospel conversations.
- Continue to pray that God would give the men in the area a deep understanding of grace.
- Praise the Lord that three people accepted Christ as their Savior (2 ladies from the worksite and one man at St Ann’s Bay Infirmary).
- Praise the Lord that deeper connections were made between those from LifePoint and the Jamaican locals on IsleGo’s staff.
Before the next TenTwo comes out on July 21st, there will be three different teams departing to take the good news of Jesus Christ throughout North & South America. Let’s continue to cover them in prayer and unite in “making supplication for all the saints” (Ephesians 6:18).
PRAYER FOCUS #1 – CHILE TEAM
- The Chile team will be focusing much of their time participating in children’s ministry alongside our partner church, La Fuente de Vida. Pray that the gospel is communicated in a way that is understandable. Pray that the good news is received with childlike faith by children and adults alike. (Luke 18:15-17)
- Pray that God would bring unity quickly between our team and the Chilean church leadership.. Pray that they would all walk in “humility and gentleness” as there is “one body and one Spirit” (Ephesians 4:1-7)
- Pray that the Holy Spirit would use them boldly and that they would be recognized as “ordinary” men and women who have been with Jesus. (Acts 4:13)
- Pray that love and humility abound as the team has the chance to encourage the leaders of the church throughout the week. (Romans 12:1-8)
PRAYER FOCUS #2 — TORONTO TEAM
- The Toronto team (comprised of 19 high school students and adults) is working with one of our partner churches, Sanctuary Church Mississauga. Pray that the Lord would open doors within the incredibly diverse populations of Mississauga & Toronto and that the team would have the opportunity to plant the seed of God’s Word among many that have not heard the gospel. Pray that the Lord would prepare the soil for those that will receive that Word. (Matthew 13)
- The team will be participating in an outreach among many people unreached with the true gospel. Pray that God would remove blinders from the minds of the unbelievers and that God would reveal truth to them in a powerful way and that they would come to know the saving grace of Jesus Christ. (2 Corinthians 4:4, John 14:6)
- Pray that God would do a mighty work in the hearts of the students participating in this trip. Pray that he would call some to a life of missions abroad. Pray that they would experience how the Holy Spirit equips and empowers the church for the sake of the Kingdom. (Romans 10:14-15)
PRAYER FOCUS #3 — PERU TEAM
- This month’s Peru team is in conjunction with OSU – New Life (a member of LifePoint is leading the team). Pray for God’s wisdom in terms of what ministry needs to be done while they are in the villages. Pray that they would walk in love, by the Spirit, yielding to his leading, bearing much fruit. (Galatians 5:22-26)
- Pray that local believers are strengthened and encouraged to move forward in teaching sound doctrine and that the church would multiply throughout the Andes Mountains. (2 Timothy 2:2, 2 Timothy 4:1-5)