17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. 18 All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation; 19 that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation. 20 Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. 21 For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. – 2 Corinthians 5:17-21
Most of us, as we begin reading the passage above are familiar with verse 17. We hear it quoted, see it on t-shirts, journal covers, and fridge magnets. It’s a beautiful truth and one that speaks of the incredible, miraculous work that God does in those that follow him. Colossians 3 speaks to the truth that those of us that are in Christ have died and our lives are “hidden with Christ in God” – we are called to put off our old self and put on the new self, created in His image.
However, when we read just a few more verses, we see that on those t-shirts and fridge magnets, the beautiful truth is often cut short. God’s transforming work in our lives is for a purpose – His purpose. This week, let us continue praying together, as a church, that God would send 100 people from our church body over the next 10 years into the nations to be His ambassadors.
PRAYER FOCUS #1 – OUR IDENTIY & PURPOSE
- Spend some time praying that God would deepen your understanding of who you are in him (Ephesians 2:8-10)
- As a follower of Christ, you have great purpose in this world – you are called make disciples. There is not greater purpose available to us. Pray that the Lord would reveal to you any self-defined purposes that are conflicting with his divine purpose for your life.
PRAYER FOCUS #2 – OUR RESOURCES
- As you pray this week, ask the Lord to expand your understanding of what it means to be a missionary. How can you leverage the gifts and talents, your work or school, your retirement for the sake of the gospel both at home or abroad?
- Pray that God would open your eyes to new ways that you live on mission for the gospel more intentionally in your everyday life.
PRAYER FOCUS #3 – 5 CITIES
- This week, spend some time praying for these 5 specific cities. Pray that the Lord would send laborers. Pray that the Lord would send some from LifePoint as laborers.
- Kuala Lumpur
Rejoice with the Chile team as we welcome a new brother in Christ… Guillermo. “The harvest is plentiful….”