Train up a child in the way he should go;
even when he is old he will not depart from it. – Proverbs 22:6
Over the past 3 weeks, something special has happened. Twenty-four students and children have served on one of our international mission teams. Young people using their gifts, their talents, and their time to love and serve the nations.
As we pray for God to send 100 people in 10 years (now 99 in 9 years), there is a great possibility that what He is doing NOW in the lives of the next generation will eventually lead to their saying “yes, send me.” Let us be faithful to pray for them, to encourage them, to disciple them and to support and send them.
The students that have participated in our Toronto trips over the past 3 years have learned so much about planting a church in a place where there are a vast number of cultures and worldviews – of both the joys and challenges.
- Pray that God uses their time in Toronto to grow in them a heart and passion for reaching the nations with the Gospel.
- Pray that some would consider strategically going to college in Toronto for the sake of the Kingdom.
- Pray that the seeds of the Gospel, planted at Flordale park will continue to be watered by others.
Over the past two weeks, a total of 14 kids served and loved in Jamaica. Lifepoint sent their first “Family Trip” to Jamaica and the Lord used these little ones in big ways!
- Pray that God continues to stir in the hearts of the children (and students) that served in Jamaica this year.
- Pray for the parents that served this year alongside of their children, that they would be granted much wisdom and discernment as they continue to disciple their families on mission.
- Pray that families would engage in international mission right here in our city together.
Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity. – 1 Timothy 4:12
Pray that God continues to shape their view of the world to align with His. Pray that God would call some of the young folks to full time ministry (either in the U.S. or among the nations).
Pray also that they would choose to use their gifts and talents to the best of their ability (for the glory of God) and that they would choose to use them somewhere strategically (for the Kingdom of God).