This week we continue to stand in the gap on behalf of those who have not yet heard the gospel of Jesus Christ. We also lift up to the Father those who are working among them and ask Him to send more laborers into His harvest. Join us!
Prayer Focus #1: God’s Mercy
- Pray that God’s Mercy would fall on the unreached and unengaged. None of us deserve to be saved, but God is His great mercy makes the way for us to come to know Him.
- Praise the Lord for being righteous, holy & just. These are beautiful characteristics of who He is. It is sin that His wrath is turned upon. Will we stand in the gap on behalf of those who do not know His grace and mercy yet?
- 30 “I looked for someone among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found no one.31 So I will pour out my wrath on them and consume them with my fiery anger, bringing down on their own heads all they have done, declares the Sovereign Lord.” – Ezekiel 22:30-31
Prayer Focus #2: That He Would Destroy Strongholds
- Pray that He destroys the strongholds that hold us back from living out our purpose and call as ambassadors for Christ (2 Corinthians 5:20) such as fear, comfort, anxiety, apathy, prejudice, unbelief & despair.
- Pray that God would do a similar work through His global Church, freeing His children to join Him in His mission of reconciling a lost and broken world unto Himself.
- Pray that God would destroy strongholds in areas of the world that have long been bound by false religion & idolatry.
Prayer Focus #3: Pray for Boldness
- We need boldness from the Lord. The early church recognized that they were utterly dependent on the Holy Spirit for this boldness and prayed for it often. We need to do the same – for ourselves, and for each other.
- 29 And now, Lord,look upon their threats and grant to your servants[a to continue to speak your word with all boldness, 30 while you stretch out your hand to heal, and signs and wonders are performed through the name of your holy servant Jesus.”– Acts 4:29-30
- Pray that God would prepare the hearts of those that we will speak with ahead of time, just as he worked in the heart of Cornelius to prepare Him to hear and receive the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- 30 And Cornelius said,“Four days ago, about this hour, I was praying in my house at the ninth hour,and behold, a man stood before me in bright clothing 31 and said, ‘Cornelius, your prayer has been heard and your alms have been remembered before God. – Acts 10:30-31
Prayer Focus #4: Pray for Laborers
- Pray that God would stir in the hearts of those that He has chosen to go and that they would respond in love and obedience.
- Pray that God would send 100.