“Therefore, having this ministry by the mercy of God, we do not lose heart. But we have renounced disgraceful, underhanded ways. We refuse to practice cunning or to tamper with God’s word, but by the open statement of truth we would commend ourselves to everyone’s conscience in the sight of God. And even if the gospel is veiled,, it is veiled to those who are perishing. In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake. For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.” – 2 Corinthians 4:1-6
On Wednesday, November 11th, a team of 7 will be traveling to Chile to work with our partner church, La Fuente de Vida (Source of Life).
Below is a tentative timeline for the trip. Will you join us in prayer? Please consider printing this page and commit to pray as a family or LifeGroup!
Thursday (11/12) – Leader Workshop
- Pray for wisdom for the team members as they lead this workshop. (James 1:5-8)
- Pray that the team will yield to the Holy Spirit fully and completely throughout the week.
- Ask God to prepare the hearts of the Chilean Church – that they are receptive and attentive to what is taught and discerning as to how the Lord would have them apply it in their context.
- Pray against any interruptions or distractions during this learning time.
James 3:17-18 But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness.
Friday (11/13) – Evangelism & Afternoon Workshop
- Pray for divine appointments at the market. Pray for the team to overcome language barriers as they share the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ in the market.
- A new culture, a different language, it is all a bit scary. Pray that the team members be bold in declaring the gospel.
- Again, pray for the afternoon workshop with the leadership of La Fuente de Vida. Pray that it would be a fruitful time of learning from God’s word together.
“Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching with all perseverance and supplication for all saints, and for me that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly, as I ought to speak. “Eph 6:18,19
Saturday (11/14) – Market Evangelism & Evangelistic Service
- Pray for God to open doors during a time of sharing with people in a busy farmer’s market in the morning.
- Pray that those who serve will have servant hearts, be led by the Holy Spirit and recognize open-door opportunities. “And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should.- Col 4:3
- Lift up the evangelistic service in the afternoon. Pray that God will lead His people past barriers that have kept their hearts from being ready to receive His Word.
Sunday (11/15) – Hurtado
- Pray for safe travels as the team drives into the interior of Chile to the village of Hurtado (in the foothills of the Andes).
- Pray for Jimena (who is leading a small group of Christ-followers there) and her continued ministry in Hurtado. Pray that she would run the race set before her with endurance. (Hebrews 12:1-2) Pray that the team be an encouragement to Jimena and the small church.
- Lift petitions to the Father on behalf of the unbelieving as the team holds an outreach workshop to the village that evening.
- Ask for boldness for the team members to speak in the name of Jesus and pray that the Spirit will provide them with words that communicate effectively in the Chilean culture and language. “Finally, dear brothers and sisters, I ask you to pray for us. Pray first that the Lord’s message will spread rapidly and be honored wherever it goes.…” 2 Thessalonians 3:1,
Monday (11/16) – Professionals Workshop
- As weariness starts to arise, ask the Lord to renew the team’s strength to finish out strong. Ask the Lord to do away with any hindrance that comes in the team’s way.
- Pray for the team to stand firm and clothed in the armor of God so that when the enemy sees an opportunity to hinder their ministry, they be able to fight it off with truth and victory. “Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.” Eph.6:10-11
- Pray for open hearts during the professionals workshop. Ask the Father for unquenchable hearts that can’t be satisfied with success or money but with the living word of God. Jesus said to them,“I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst-“. John 6:35
Pray for our missionary partners.
- Finally, pray for revival among the people of Chile and ask the Lord to renew the strength of the missionaries that live in the country so that they are not discouraged.
- Pray for Spirit given steadfastness and ask that God provides clear direction for their ministry.
For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives, so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light.-Col 2:9-12