It’s the last Tuesday of the month. We invite you to join us in fasting for one day this week as we pray together for the upcoming launch of our Delaware campus!
Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. – Hebrews 12:1-2
Spend some time today and this week reflecting on and praising God for what He has done, what He is doing, and what He will do in the life of our church body. As we prepare to celebrate our 11th anniversary as a church this Sunday and as we prepare for the launch of our 3rd campus, we find ourselves in an ever-deepening need of the Lord’s grace, mercy, wisdom and guidance. Pray that we, in unity and wisdom, continue to run the race that is set before us with endurance and that all we do is for HIS glory, not our own.
Prayer Focus #1: The City
The city of Delaware has recently experienced rapid growth that has changed the landscape of the city. Over the past 10 years, the population in Delaware City has grown by 44%. With this change, there has been a great exposing of need, both physical and spiritual.
- Pray for those in physical & financial distress: Pray that God would make us a church that can serve them well – that we would not “dishonor the poor” but “love them as ourselves.” (James 2:1-9)
- Pray for those with great resources: Pray that those whom God has blessed financially would know and believe that every gift comes from God and would give back to Him freely. Pray that God would strike down the heart of the ‘rich young ruler’ (Luke 12:13-21) and that the chains of greed would be broken in our lives.
- Pray that the Lord would use LifePoint (and other Christ following churches) to lead people to a real and true understanding of the Gospel. Pray that God would make clear his love and grace through the true intermediary, Jesus Christ. Pray that the Holy Spirit would reveal to hearts that salvation does not and cannot come from the works of man, but through the finished work of Jesus Christ alone. For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all, which is the testimony given at the proper time. 1 Timothy: 2:5-6
- If you live in Delaware, would you consider grabbing your spouse / family / friend and prayer walking the streets of your neighborhood? Ask the Lord to prepare the way for His work and pray that He would be welcome in that place. Pray out loud and with your eyes open. You never know the needs you’ll see or the people you may meet.
Prayer Focus #2: OWU
Over 1800 students join the population of Delaware each year to attend Ohio Wesleyan University. Pray for these students. Pray that the Lord would draw them to a local Church body where they can hear the word of God proclaimed and that students that do follow Christ would be bold in their sharing of their faith on campus.
- Pray for those involved in a growing atheist movement on campus. Pray that the Lord would convict those that have rejected the very idea of His existence and would lead them to repentance and faith.
- Pray that God would destroy and remove the blinders that have been placed by the enemy and that the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ would be seen. “And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.” 2 Corinthians 4:3-4
- OWU has an excellent international student program, drawing students from all over the world (including several countries that are closed to the gospel). Pray that God would make a way for LifePoint to engage the international population with gospel conversations. Many of these students will return to their families and their countries – pray that they return with the word of God and a relationship with Christ.
Prayer Focus #3: LifePoint Delaware Campus
The first interest meeting will be held in just a couple of weeks.
- Pray for the leadership:
- Pray for Kale and Morgan as they prepare for both the campus launch and parenthood. Pray for strong community around them during this time.
- Pray for those that will go with them in varying degrees of leadership and involvement. Pray that they would “walk in a manner that is worthy of their calling, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.” (Ephesians 4:1-3) Pray that the Lord would sustain them in His steadfast love and that the Holy Spirit would guide their every step.
- Pray for provision:
- Pray that God would grant discernment and wisdom to find the location that He is preparing for the church to hold their weekly gatherings. Praise Him that He already knows where that is.
- Pray for all of the necessary resources that will be needed in the campus launch process.
- Above all, pray that God would use LifePoint to expand His Kingdom. That the Lord would open the door for gospel conversations throughout the city and that the people of LifePoint would boldly and humbly proclaim His truth and love to our neighbors, our co-workers, and our friends.
Prayer Focus #4: Pray that many from the existing LifePoint campuses would be called out to GO to Delaware for the sake of His Kingdom and that they would take that step of obedience joyfully!