We were made to live, love and serve in community. We sharpen each other, we bear one another’s burdens, we pray and encourage one another. We are the Body of Christ – His Church – His people, filled with the Holy Spirit, sent out to be His ambassadors in this world.
9 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. – 1 Peter 2:9
This year, we are praying God sized prayers.
What if our Lifegroups made a commitment to pray intentionally and connect relationally – not just for one another or those in our city – but with a global partner or unreached people group as well? How would that change the landscape of missions at Lifepoint? How would that impact the culture of our Lifegroups? How would God use us to minister to a lost and hurting world, in His name?
Prayer Focus #1: Break our hearts
- Pray that God would break our hearts for the lost, the unreached and the unengaged. Ask the Lord to lead us toward a movement of prayer that flows out of our groups – for those who have yet to hear His name.
- “For the son of man came to seek and to save the lost.” – Luke 19:10
- Pray that our groups would set our minds on the things of God. Ask God to stir in our groups the need for His wisdom and we would respond with earnest prayer asking the Lord to give us direction.
- “ If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.” – James 1:5
Prayer Focus #2: Lift up our Lifegroup leaders
- Take some time to pray for our Lifegroup leaders. Pray that God would grant them vision and direction as they lead their group to live out the mission of God together. Pray that God would give them an understanding of and passion for His global purpose.
- Pray for YOUR Lifegroup leader(s). Pray that God will show you how to support them and encourage them as they lead.
- “9 And so, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding,” – Colossians 1:9
Prayer Focus #3: Obedience & Action
- Pray that our Lifegroups do to more than simply have conversations about doing mission together. Pray that those conversations lead to obedient response to the Lord’s leading.
- Pray that our Lifegroups pray, that our LifeGroups connect, and that our Lifegroups GO!
- “22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. 24 For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like.25 But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing.” – James 1:22-25
Prayer Focus #4: Pray for those who are sensing God’s call toward longer term mission.
- Lift up those who may be sensing God’s call toward longer term mission engagement.
- Pray that some would move their family to intentionally live among international populations here in our city.
- Pray that some would take steps to move overseas.
- Pray that those who work among internationals would recognize their call and position and that God would give them spiritual eyes to see the “harvest field” surrounding them.