Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation, the old has gone, the new has come! 2 Corinthians 5:17
Spring is often a beautiful reminder of what Christ did for us on the cross. Not only because Easter falls in this season, but also because if we look around us, we’ll see how what once seemed dead, is slowly showing signs of a beautiful life. Just as trees look dead and withered during winter, so are our lives when we are void of Christ.
Can you remember the season in your life where you were without Christ? Where hopelessness would set in and loneliness would overtake you? Is that your neighbor, your co-worker, a friend? What opportunity has the Lord given to you to share the hope of the resurrection of Jesus Christ?
But in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect- 1 Peter 3:15
Today, pray that God gives you the boldness to witness to someone who is in need of the gospel.
- Ask the Lord to show you and direct you to one person who needs to be comforted by the Word of God and his never-ending promises.
- Pray their hearts be ready and opened to hear the truth. Ask that the Holy Spirit gives you the right words / scripture to comfort, encourage, & challenge them in their situation.
- All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, – 2 Timothy 3:16
- The Word of God says to be ready in season and out of season (2 Timothy 4:2). So, even if you feel like you are in a dry season of your life, pray that you’ll be ready to share the Gospel with others putting aside every selfish ambition of your own and letting God be glorified through you.
- Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others. – Philippians 2:3-4
Perhaps you are a Christian who feels like the trees in the dead of winter, hold on to the steadfast truth that God is sovereign over any and every situation in your life; the good fruitful season as well as the one that seems to be full of trials.
For you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. – James 1:3-4
- Pray that God constantly reminds you of his goodness and faithfulness through all seasons of your life. Ask Him to give you unwavering faith through those dry seasons of your life.
- For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- God often uses your circumstances to draw people to Him, so ask God to teach you how to be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer (Romans 12:12).
Trees in the fall shed their old foliage knowing that next time they bloom, they’ll be renewed and alive. Just as the Gospel has renewed our lives, it can also renew the lives of those who you think are least likely to follow Christ. All it takes is boldness, obedience and a willingness to be used by God.